Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Philemon Siclone <ph...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/08/18 14:53:37 UTC

How to write "testsuite server-side fixtures"

Hi,

The title says it all (almost). I'd like to execute some code on the
server-side before and after a set of (servlet)testcases is run. At the
moment I have written a (classic junit) testSuite containing the
servletTestCases, but the fixtures of this testSuite get executed on
the client-side (obviously).

It seems like a quite simple need but I could not find any answer on
the cactus-website.

Regards,
(and sorry for my bad english)

Phil

PS: I do not use cactus-ant tasks for tests-execution : my IDE does it.

Fixing the doco and more... (was RE: How to write "testsuite server-side fixtures")

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Lee,

That’s really cool. I like it when people act positively and this is really
what open source is about. Let me know what you need and I'll do my best to
help you.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Lee Chalupa <lc...@seelink.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Lee,

Posted by Lee Chalupa <lc...@seelink.org>.
Vincent:

Re: Cactus, Ant and Eclipse? [Again]

Posted by Sebastian Wiehage <tr...@uni-muenster.de>.
Hi everybody!

Yes, the solution in Msg 5700 is working.
It should be said, that Eclipse 3.0 still
complains about classpath-Problems as you
can see under:

http://user.uni-muenster.de/exec/bigmail/nBIdMAJ8OjjRDx7l31pd50/CactusProb%2Ejpg

I was irritated by that Error-Msg, but
the Cactus-Task does work, same as the
other tasks.

So there seems to be a problem with
the Eclipse3.0-Ant-Plugin...
For those who encounter the same problem:
Try the Task although there are errors!
Even the automatic completion works.

Thanks for the help,

Sebastian

RE: How to write "testsuite server-side fixtures"

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Ah yes.

> The only solution I came up with is quite ugly :
> "
> public class CactusSuite extends TestCase
> {
>     public static Test suite()
>     {
>         TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();
>         suite.addTestSuite(TestSuiteSetUp.class);
>         suite.addTestSuite(MyFirstTest.class);
>         suite.addTestSuite(TestSuiteTearDown.class);
>         return suite;
>     }
> }
> "
> Where MyFirstTest is my real ServletTestCase; and TestSuiteSetup and
> TestSuiteTearDown are ServletTestCase that simulate fixtures.

Nice. I find this quite good actually.

> Maybe if I have got time I'll dive into the sources and try to write a
> true "ServerSideSuite".

Cool.

> Anyway, thanks a lot for your answers and for the cactus project,

[snip]

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: How to write "testsuite server-side fixtures"

Posted by Philemon Siclone <ph...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Phil,

I thought that steps 3 and 4 of this page were answering your question but I
now realize that maybe I have not understood the question correctly.

Posted by Philemon Siclone <ph...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Phil,