Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2008/07/09 13:50:41 UTC

State of 1.7.1 release

Hi,

with Kev, Martijn and myself we have three PMC members vote +1 on the
release.  Given that Kev is moving across half of the planet, I'm
finishing the release process for him.

So far the release files are in place and the Ant site has been
updated at the rsync master and I'm holding back the announcement
until (www|ant).apache.org have been updated.

During the process I realized that the source ZIP lacked a PGP
signature.  I verfied the ZIPs content was identical to the one of the
tar.bz2 archive I had downloaded when I voted on the release - and
now signed the ZIP myself.

Kev highlighted extended Java6 and JavaFX support and I guess this is
what I'm going to put into the announcement mail and text on freshmeat
as well - I might add expected performance improvements.

Stefan

Re: State of 1.7.1 release

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> with Kev, Martijn and myself we have three PMC members vote +1 on
>> the release.  Given that Kev is moving across half of the planet,
>> I'm finishing the release process for him.
>
> Thanks for stepping in Stefan,

You did all the work and I'm going to take the credits since I sent
the announce email ;-)

> To be honest the Java6/JavaFX support were the only two 'new' things
> I was certain about.  I couldn't remember the significant changes,

Same here.

While putting together my "How to detect 1.7.1" blog post I realized
that we included SecureInputHandler with the release but I couldn't
find any mention of t in the manual.

> I'm now back in the UK, but my PC is somewhere else (I'm using my
> parents *very old* pc to send this).  Hopefuly I'll be back online
> properly soon :).

Take your time to settle in.

Stefan

Re: State of 1.7.1 release

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> with Kev, Martijn and myself we have three PMC members vote +1 on the
> release.  Given that Kev is moving across half of the planet, I'm
> finishing the release process for him.

Thanks for stepping in Stefan,

> So far the release files are in place and the Ant site has been
> updated at the rsync master and I'm holding back the announcement
> until (www|ant).apache.org have been updated.
>
> During the process I realized that the source ZIP lacked a PGP
> signature.  I verfied the ZIPs content was identical to the one of the
> tar.bz2 archive I had downloaded when I voted on the release - and
> now signed the ZIP myself.

Good catch, I guess I mis-typed my passphrase on that one when running
the .sh file.

> Kev highlighted extended Java6 and JavaFX support and I guess this is
> what I'm going to put into the announcement mail and text on freshmeat
> as well - I might add expected performance improvements.

To be honest the Java6/JavaFX support were the only two 'new' things I
was certain about.  I couldn't remember the significant changes, and a
browse through the changelog/WHATSNEW suggests that this is primarily
a bug fix release and not a feature release.

I'm now back in the UK, but my PC is somewhere else (I'm using my
parents *very old* pc to send this).  Hopefuly I'll be back online
properly soon :).  Just got in today and need some time to adjust to
the cold!

Kev