Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Davenport Todd S GS-11 96 CG/SCTOA <to...@eglin.af.mil> on 2002/02/07 15:36:25 UTC

Base64Serializer

Hello all!  A simple newbie question...

I am trying to register org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.Base64Serializer as
a custom type mapping to an RPC service.  The problem I'm running into is
that Base64Serializer wants to marshall/unmarshall to a byte[] array, but
the SOAP servlet wants the custom serializers to transform back and forth to
a Java object type.  I tried using the Byte object primitive wrapper, but it
didn't work.  For that matter, I'd really like to transform back and forth
to a String type.

Has anyone else done this?  I can't find any relevant information in the
FAQs or mailing list archives.

Thanks in advance.

~tsd

Todd S. Davenport