Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Yoav Agami <yo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/10 12:17:06 UTC

Developing JMeter Backend Listener

Hi All,
I would like to develop my own Backend Listener.
My goal:
    - Receive each sample (SampleEvent - analyze each one, example: write data to file)    - Get notified when test has started / ended
I looked into the documents but didn't see any tutorial / example. The goal is that it will work in non-GUI mode.
After it is developed, how is it added into JMeter (should it be added as an external .JAR, similar to plugins in /lib/ext)?

If I understood correct, I should -
Extend:public class MY_CLASS_NAME extends AbstractBackendListenerClient implements Runnable {

In JMX:<BackendListener guiclass="BackendListenerGui" testclass="BackendListener" testname="Backend Listener" enabled="true">
    <stringProp name="classname"><stringProp name="classname">MY_CLASS_NAME</stringProp></stringProp>

Is there any API that I can use to add my Backend listener to JMX file without opening UI (JMX test runs from Java code)?
Any input will be very appreciated!Thanks