Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Edward Scanzano <es...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/26 01:46:15 UTC

Backing on the browser

Hi all,

I have a situtation where after clicking through a few
pages I try to Back on the pages and I get a
The page cannot be displayed and the URL returns to
http://localhost:8080/intaglioWebClient/app. Why can't
I back.

Ed

Re: Backing on the browser

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
The general answer is that Tapestry has state and using the back button
confuses the management of this state. If you use the back button and
then try to submit a form or use the link, that page was originally
rendered in a different state than Tapestry is now in on the server side.

One thing I'm not clear on from your message: is the error happening
when you hit "back" or after you've gone back a few pages and clicked
something on the page.

Jamie