Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Muggeridge, Matt" <ma...@hpe.com> on 2019/01/14 01:39:29 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Configuring reverse proxy

?  But first I want to ask if Apache needs to be able to see my external IP address.

That's ambiguous.  Is your 'external IP address' the publicly visible address that is used to access your website?  If so, then Apache will need to accept incoming connection requests on that IP address, naturally.

?  Ipconfig and other network applications can't see it.

Ok, so on windows, ipconfig will only see the addresses configured on your local machine.  So now your question about ipconfig mixed with external IP address is confusing to me.  If you believe the IP address is configured on your Windows machine and you're not seeing it with ipconfig, then can you ping that address from a different machine?  If so, then perhaps that address is configured on another machine in your network, yikes!

?  ; is this a good idea

I can't understand enough about what you're asking to comment.

Matt.