Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/02/05 17:42:09 UTC

Request for proper terminology please

Hello DFDL community,

In the below graphic, am I using the correct terminology (for the underlined part)? Is it "local declaration" or is it "local attribute" or something else?  /Roger

[cid:image001.png@01D4BD50.350ACA80]

Re: Request for proper terminology please

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
That's considered the "short form" property binding syntax. There's also
"element form" and "attribute form", but those are quite as common. I
think the correct term instead of "local declaration" is "short form
property annotation".

Section 7.1.2.X of the DFDL spec discribes the different forms property
bindings:

https://daffodil.apache.org/docs/dfdl/#_Toc398030675