Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com> on 2012/04/27 20:53:17 UTC

3 Questions

Hi everyone:

As we put together our OpenMeetings service I have a three questions:

1. Is there an easy way to change the custom logo? If so, can you please
let me know where to install the new logo file?

2. Is there a way to tell OpenMeetings to prioritize the audio and screen
data over webcam data? Right now we get a lag in audio if bandwidth is low
and I would prefer the lag to be in the webcam video?

3. Finally, has anyone thought about how to integrate Google Chat in
OpenMeetings. Google Chat provides both audio and video and would seem to
work well as an integration.

Thanks!

Dan

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: 3 Questions

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
Is Master Shaper something that can be used with a cloud based system, or
only if you are running something internally? If it possible to use this
with a cloud based system, how difficult would this be to integrate it?
Does it require specialized knowledge?

Thanks.

Dan

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

RE: 3 Questions

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
The old way of adding a custom logo doesn't seem to work on version 2, its briefly visible on loading after that it seems to be hidden.

QoS - you could look at Master Shaper with Layer 7 and IMQ patched kernel in transparent bridged mode, works well for us.

a possible way to prioritize the audio packet is to have a QoS configuration in your network or router that does prioritize audio packets over video packets.

In our old wiki there is some docs and a script:
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/wiki/qosTips
http://openmeetings.googlecode.com/svn/branches/dev/xmlcrm/java/QoS/qos4openmeetings.sh

However I think those QoS settings only prioritize quite general, I don't know if there is a script existing yet that is able to prioritize RTMP Packets and additionally inspect if it is audio or video to do some kind of prio for audio packets.
Also this script would be required to be installed also in the network router of your clients... if you only use it in your intranet this might be already sufficient for a public server it might be not.

Sebastian

2012/4/28 Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>

1. Is there an easy way to change the custom logo? If so, can you
please let me know where to install the new logo file?

>> You can change the text Openmeetings in the configuration file
Maybe logo is somewhere around
The old way to do this was to put in logo in OpenLaszlo level and recompile

2. Is there a way to tell OpenMeetings to prioritize the audio and
screen data over webcam data? Right now we get a lag in audio if
bandwidth is low and I would prefer the lag to be in the webcam video?

>> AFAIK The best solution is to adapt settings to the bandwidth, so you have enough bandwidth

3. Finally, has anyone thought about how to integrate Google Chat in
OpenMeetings. Google Chat provides both audio and video and would seem
to work well as an integration.

>> Google Chat uses jabber protocol, it can be integrated on protocol level, there are at least two apache licensed jabber libraries
I'm not aware if one integrated it in widget level

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095 <tel:%2B7%20916%20562%208095>

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock <https://twitter.com/#%21/dead_lock>

http://www.codetwo.com