Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 09:23:05 UTC

Leaving room after reconnection

Hello collegues,

I want to discuss reconnection again and decide what should we do with it.
We know that reconnection works somehow: users leave the room after
reconnection. I think in this case the functionality like this is useless,
it should be removed at all or improved to allow users reconnect without
leaving the room. I offer to vote about this thing:

+1 fix leaving rooms
 0 don't change anything
-1 remove reconnection functionality at all

I made some experiments and suppose that reconnection can be fixed without
global changes in code, but requires deep testing. Anyway, my vote is +1.

Re: Leaving room after reconnection

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I cannot reproduce the issue with latest revision anymore.

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Leaving room after reconnection

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I have added login by 2 additional parameters:
wicketsid, wicketroomid
if both specified loginWicket method is used to login the user
getRoomById is used to load the room

It was hard for me to choose which way it might me implemented, so I have
added my own mechanism to avoid conflicts.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Leaving room after reconnection