Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Rabben <ro...@no.scala.com> on 2005/11/29 11:36:50 UTC

Reading users.xml without restarting Tomcat

Hi,
To the best of my knowledge I must restart Tomcat to be able to read
changes made to the "users.xml" file. Is there an API (or another way)
that forces Tomcat to read the "users.xml" file without restarting
Tomcat?

Regards
Roland Rabben
Scala Nordic AS
roland.rabben@no.scala.com

RE: Reading users.xml without restarting Tomcat

Posted by Chris Sleep <c....@nhm.ac.uk>.
> From: Roland Rabben [mailto:roland.rabben@no.scala.com]

> Hi,
> To the best of my knowledge I must restart Tomcat to be able to read
> changes made to the "users.xml" file. Is there an API (or another way)
> that forces Tomcat to read the "users.xml" file without restarting
> Tomcat?

Try the admin servlet, that allows you to make changes to your user/group
definitions and apply the changes without taking tomcat down.

cheers,
Chris