Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Keppy <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/01 10:32:46 UTC

Error message help

Hello,

When running a JMX scripts through CMD I appear to receive this
error message
[image: image.png]
Is this something you would be able to help with?

Kind regards,
Kelly

RE: Error message help

Posted by sg...@gmail.com.
https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/9-easy-solutions-jmeter-load-test-%E2%80%9Cout-memory%E2%80%9D-failure

Re: Error message help

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
By default JMeter 5.3
<http://www.jmeter-archive.org/ANNOUNCE-Apache-JMeter-5-3-released-td5728863.html>
has 1GB of JVM Heap space allocated, it should be sufficient for tests
development and/or debugging but might not be enough for the full load test.

The ways to increase the heap are:

Set *HEAP* environment variable and provide more maximum JVM heap size,
default settings are:

> -Xms1g -Xmx1g -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m

you can try increasing it twice and see how it goes.

Another option is to find the above line in jmeter startup script
(jmeter.bat on Windows or jmeter on other operating systems) and ramp-up the
heap size, start with something like 80% of your total available physical
RAM and adjust up or down as needed

More information:

 1.  Optimal Heap Size
<https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/httpserv/cookbook/Java.html#Java-Garbage_Collection-Optimal_Heap_Size>
 2.  9 Easy Solutions for a JMeter Load Test “Out of Memory” Failure
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/9-easy-solutions-jmeter-load-test-%E2%80%9Cout-memory%E2%80%9D-failure>

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html