Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Xie, David (IPCG-NJ)" <xi...@exchange.ml.com> on 2002/02/21 16:58:46 UTC

question regarding FOP/Cocoon/Tomcat

Hi there,

I have a question regarding running FOP within Cocoon.  I have setup Cocoon 2.0.1 within Jakarta Tomcat 4.0.1.  The sample pages (hello.pdf) came out fine, but i don't understand how cocoon was able
to call FOP and grab the xml and xsl files.  Would anybody please explain to me how can I point cocoon to xml and xsl and generate pdf?  or at least point me to the right document.

Thank you in advance.

David

RE: question regarding FOP/Cocoon/Tomcat

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Xie, David (IPCG-NJ) [mailto:xieda@exchange.ml.com]
>
> Hi there,
>
> I have a question regarding running FOP within Cocoon.  I have setup
Cocoon
> 2.0.1 within Jakarta Tomcat 4.0.1.  The sample pages (hello.pdf) came
out
> fine, but i don't understand how cocoon was able
> to call FOP and grab the xml and xsl files.  Would anybody please
explain to
> me how can I point cocoon to xml and xsl and generate pdf?  or at
least point
> me to the right document.

Easily:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/overview.html
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/index.html
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

And on your hard drive, in the Cocoon webapp, sitemap.xmap file.

Regards,
Vadim