Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by spaduri <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/18 22:05:43 UTC

MyFaces Tree2 Component

Hi team

I am planning to recommend JSF and MyFaces for the development of the
application.
like Navigation Tree on the left side, header, footer and body ..

1) Can any one share a piece of code to develop Dynamic Navigation Tree(like
ServerSideToggling ..I will get the data from backend based on the I will
build the Tree with leafs, when we click on leafs we need to call action to
redirect to other jsps ) we can achieve this using MyFaces Tree2
Component,Just wondering if anybody know some information, any info is
appreciated.

thanks
Jack

RE: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by spaduri <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have implemented the Dynamic Tree , wrtiing a component which is similar to
tree2
will post the information in next message.

RE: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by "Singh, Kiran 1. (NSN - IN/India - MiniMD)" <ki...@nsn.com>.
Hi,

[...]

	            	<h:commandLink actionListener="#{spmlTreeBacker.displayAttributes}">
		                <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
			</h:commandLink>
	            </h:panelGroup>
	        </f:facet>

	        <f:facet name="scoNode">
	            <h:panelGroup>
	            	<h:commandLink id="scoLink" immediate="true" styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected ? 'documentSelected':'document'}" 																	actionListener="#{spmlTreeBacker.displayAttributes}" >
		                <t:graphicImage id="img1" value="/img/yellow-folder-open.png" rendered="#{t.nodeExpanded}" border="0"/>
		                <t:graphicImage id="img2" value="/img/yellow-folder-closed.png" rendered="#{!t.nodeExpanded}" border="0"/>
		                <h:outputText value="#{node.description}" styleClass="nodeFolder" style="font-size: 13px"/>

RE: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by spaduri <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt

Matt.Rossner-prest wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> I can tell you this about Tree2, it doesn't handle dynamic data changes
> very well. I'm using it on a project now for a similar type of project and
> I've had to do a lot of extra work to get it to do what I want.
> Specifically with the tree state, I've also more or less rewritten the
> renderer. But if you don't mind having a ton of HTML tables generated then
> you can keep that one. I would start here for more info
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tree2. I'm also using AJAX4JSF with this. I
> had originally started with William's example:
> http://www.jroller.com/plainoldweblog/entry/use_tomahawk_tree2_and_ajax4jsf
> and built on top of that.
>
> Matt

Posted by Ma...@sanofi-aventis.com.
Hi Jack,

I can tell you this about Tree2, it doesn't handle dynamic data changes very well. I'm using it on a project now for a similar type of project and I've had to do a lot of extra work to get it to do what I want. Specifically with the tree state, I've also more or less rewritten the renderer. But if you don't mind having a ton of HTML tables generated then you can keep that one. I would start here for more info http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tree2. I'm also using AJAX4JSF with this. I had originally started with William's example: http://www.jroller.com/plainoldweblog/entry/use_tomahawk_tree2_and_ajax4jsf and built on top of that.

Matt

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by spaduri <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi there....

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Grzesiek <gr...@gmail.com>.
first of all, thanks for you help...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<!-- =========== FULL CONFIGURATION FILE ==================================
-->

<faces-config version="1.2"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"

It still gives an error :
SEVERE: Parse Error at line 2 column 14: Document root element
"faces-config", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "faces-config", must
match DOCTYPE root "null".

(2)
> So the MyfacesConfig class is present in the tomahawk 1.1.6 jarfile.

Yes, I also checked this and
'org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig'
class is where it should be. So this is strange....

following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could
not initialize class
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

is caused by this line In my web.xml :
<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>

I consider that it would be a bug somewhere, but never mind.
At least i'll have to change my JSF implementation, because with myfaces it
works.

Anyway if you don't know how to solve this exception, i don't want waste
your time....

regards

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Grzesiek <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Tomahawk works fine on Mojarra. The shared dependency need dates back
a couple of years.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Grzesiek <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Tree2 Component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Krishna, I strongly recommend starting a new email thread with
[Trinidad] in the subject. The fact that you replied to a Tomahawk
Tree2 thread asking for Trinidad tree / treeTable help pretty much
stops all the Trinidad developers and users from helping you. Most
when they see [Tomahawk] and especially Tree2 in the subject will not
bother to read the email.

It is very important on a mailing list like this that all emails have
accurate subjects and that all replies on a thread are on the same
topic. If you wish to change the direction of a thread, don't reply,
just send a new email (and don't reply and then change the subject and
body, as threaded mail clients will still recognize the old thread).

With a clear new email with [Trinidad] in the subject, hopefully
someone will know how to help you out.

Also targeting certain people with private emails is not recommended
and many people are put off by this and may stop trying to help if you
do so. Keeping relevant discussions to only the mailing list ensures
proper etiquette and keeps other users in the loop that may be able to
provide a different solution or view point.

Best of luck,
Andrew

RE: MyFaces Tree2 Component

RE: MyFaces Tree2 Component