Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/08 18:52:20 UTC

specifying listen_address

Hi,
I downloaded and expanded DSE 4.8.4

When I specify the following in resources/dse/conf/dse.yaml :

listen_address: XX.YY

I got:
INFO  17:43:10  Loading settings from
file:/home/cassandra/dse-4.8.4/resources/dse/conf/dse.yaml
at com.datastax.bdp.DseCoreModule.<init>(DseCoreModule.java:43)
at com.datastax.bdp.DseModule.getRequiredModules(DseModule.java:97)
at
com.datastax.bdp.server.AbstractDseModule.configure(AbstractDseModule.java:26)
Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: Unable to find property
'listen_address' on class: com.datastax.bdp.config.Config
at
org.yaml.snakeyaml.introspector.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:132)
at
org.yaml.snakeyaml.introspector.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:121)

Some hint is appreciated.

If this is not the proper mailing list, please direct me to proper one.

Thanks

Re: specifying listen_address

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
In either case, these properties should be placed in cassandra.yaml file
rather than dse.yaml.

You can find it in <install_location>/resources/cassandra/conf directory.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bhuvan Rawal <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,