Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu> on 2011/07/13 09:22:20 UTC

OOo Conferences presentations

Hi All,
I want to rise one question not raised in this list.
OOo community held 10th OOo Conference in Budapest last year.
The conference materials with 9th Italian conference materials stored in
http://www.ooocon.org/ site.
What is the status of this site, it is in transfer list if hosted by Oracle.

The older OOo conference materials not reachable in the net, stored
somewhere inside Oracle?
It is worth looking around not to lost the useful content of it.
May be some presentation outdated, but can be useful one found.
Regards,
Zoltan

Re: OOo Conferences presentations

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 13, 2011, at 12:49 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> At least the domain doesn't seem to belong to Oracle (see the WHOIS search from here: http://www.pir.org). But maybe the machine that serves the content. Does anybody knows more about the context of this website?

It is certainly on an Oracle network.

$ host www.ooocon.org
www.ooocon.org is an alias for conference.services.openoffice.org.
conference.services.openoffice.org has address 12.184.192.18
conference.services.openoffice.org mail is handled by 10 conference.services.openoffice.org.

$ whois 12.184.192.18
#
# Query terms are ambiguous.  The query is assumed to be:
#     "n 12.184.192.18"
#
# Use "?" to get help.
#

#
# The following results may also be obtained via:
# http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=12.184.192.18?showDetails=true&showARIN=true
#

AT&T Services, Inc. ATT (NET-12-0-0-0-1) 12.0.0.0 - 12.255.255.255
Sun Microsystems SUN-MICR52-192 (NET-12-184-192-0-1) 12.184.192.0 - 12.184.193.255

#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#

Regards,
Dave

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org>.
Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> The older OOo conference materials not reachable in the net, stored
> somewhere inside Oracle?
> It is worth looking around not to lost the useful content of it.

Starting from 2003:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2003/
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2004/
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2005/
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2006/
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2007/
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2008/

Then with Orvieto 2009 the OOo marketing project (mainly John McCreesh
and Florian Effenberger) moved to the OCS system.
http://www.ooocon.org/index.php/ooocon/2009
http://www.ooocon.org/index.php/ooocon/2010

Slides from OOoCon 2009 are not publicly displayed, but they are on the
site. I still have privileges on the OOoCon 2009 site and I see them.

So basically the first batch is part of the OOo site, don't know about
2009 and 2010; the domain is owned by a person I don't know.

Regards,
  Andrea.