Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch> on 2022/01/13 13:17:26 UTC

ActiveMQ Classic ARM Support

The binary distribution of ActiveMQ classic contains some architecture specific files under bin.

For Linux, there are linux-x86-32 and linux-x86-64 directories for x86 support.

Are there plans to add support for Linux on ARM (aarch64)?

Cheers,

Lionel

RE: Antwort: RE: ActiveMQ Classic ARM Support

Posted by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>.
I assume this question is actually targeted to the original poster: Lionel.
e.

Von:        "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>>
An:        "users@activemq.apache.org<ma...@activemq.apache.org>" <us...@activemq.apache.org>>
Datum:        13.01.2022 14:32
Betreff:        RE: ActiveMQ Classic ARM Support
________________________________

Lionel,

> Are there plans to add support for Linux on ARM (aarch64)?
I doubt that.

But you can always create your own with the description on https://activemq.apache.org/getting-started#unix-source-installation<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/activemq.apache.org/getting-started*unix-source-installation__;Iw!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwW-xVhShP$>

e.

EXTERNAL SENDER:   Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE:    Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n'ouvrez aucune pièce jointe à moins qu'ils ne proviennent d'un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.

The binary distribution of ActiveMQ classic contains some architecture specific files under bin.

For Linux, there are linux-x86-32 and linux-x86-64 directories for x86 support.

Are there plans to add support for Linux on ARM (aarch64)?

Cheers,

Lionel

________________________________

Herbert Helmstreit
Dipl.-Phys.
Software Engineer

[SYSTEMA Logo]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.systema.com__;!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwWz_FJBAn$>

Phone: +49 941 / 7 83 92 36
Fax: +49 351 / 88 24 772

Herbert.Helmstreit@systema.com<ma...@systema.com> | www.systema.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.systema.com/__;!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwWzNz1qx9$>

[LinkedIn]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/company/systema-gmbh/__;!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwWy9EQMz8$>[Facebook]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/de-de.facebook.com/SYSTEMA.automation/__;!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwWzyDwPZV$>[XING]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.xing.com/pages/systemagmbh__;!!AaIhyw!9nayZk4Gkngxd0CmcKBCYOPk-XZ8HwxZG-8qL6x3Wd5z76MqEZ8qVWkwW81wKgSJ$>

SYSTEMA Systementwicklung Dipl.-Inf. Manfred Austen GmbH
Schikanederstraße 2b - Posthof | 93053 Regensburg
HRB 11256 Amtsgericht Dresden | USt.-ID DE 159 607 786
Geschäftsführer: Manfred Austen, CEO und Dr. Ulf Martin, COO

Antwort: RE: ActiveMQ Classic ARM Support

Posted by He...@systema.com.
Hello Erwin,

what actually is the blocker runnng AMQ on arm?
The binary wrapper is not really needed to start a pure Java program!
I did not try it with ActiveMQ, but a lot of java applications run fine on
Raspberry PI without modification.
(I'm not talking about  Android. The sleep-mode of the cellphones are a
real drawback for event-driven stuff.)
From the user view I also see not much sense in running a broker there,
but clients without PC are an  argument regarding the costs. Shouldn't we
put some energy into trying out that?

Regards

Herbert

Von:    "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>
An:     "users@activemq.apache.org" <us...@activemq.apache.org>
Datum:  13.01.2022 14:32

Lionel,

Posted by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>.
Lionel,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lionel,

That's not planned but do-able.

It should already run on arm using the scripts (not the wrapper).

Regards
JB