Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anibal Constante Brito <an...@prensa-latina.cu> on 2003/12/18 23:37:18 UTC

Importing the Certificate?

Hello:

A read this in ssl=howto:

a.. Import the Chain Certificate into you keystore

     keytool -import -alias root -keystore <your_keystore_filename> \
	-trustcacerts -file <filename_of_the_chain_certificate>

a.. And finally import your new Certificate

     keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore <your_keystore_filename> \
	-trustcacerts -file <your_certificate_filename>

I recevie a email from verisign with a code (like a certificate that I send to they) and I don't know what is a filename_of_the_chain_certificate and your_certificate_filename, because the email only have one certificate, and just do the first part, I a don't know what to do with other. Please tell me what to test the ssl connector. How can I find the chain_certificate and your_certificate_filename, and what they mean.

best regards.
Owen.