Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2005/10/11 13:31:55 UTC

Current jakarta-velocity gump failure

Hi,

I admit that I'm stumped why the current Gump fails. When I run
ant -Dversion=20051011 package locally, everything works fine. Are the
jars deleted again during the build process?

BTW: We don't get gump mails @ velocity-dev. Are they in moderation
maybe?

	Confused
		Henning

Re: Current jakarta-velocity gump failure

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

Could this be related to the need I discovered to copy junit.jar into
ant/lib on Linux?  Or is that too naive a question?

WILL

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I emailed the gump list about this and Stefan Bodewig has fixed it:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40gump.apache.org/msg07602.html

However now the velocity-test project is failing.....

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-velocity/jakarta-velocity-test/index.html

...and it looks to be the same issue as this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg13221.html

I have just updated gump's metadata to (hopefully) include the junit.jar in
the runtime classpath - find out next run if it works.

Niall

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

No. That is not it. It does work if you run "ant package" locally. It
seems that at the time of the taskdef the freshly built jar is no
longer around. That is a Gump specific problem, the ant build is fine.

	Best regards
		Henning

>Ignore my previous email - stupid question.

>You probably know this - but did you see the full log of the build at
>http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-velocity/jakarta-velocity/gump_work/build_jakarta-velocity_jakarta-velocity.html

>Here's the specific build error
>taskdef class org.apache.velocity.anakia.AnakiaTask cannot be found
>I'm guessing the compiled class moved and the TaskDef isn't valid any
>more.WILL----- Original Message -----

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Current jakarta-velocity gump failure