Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/12 21:08:44 UTC

MNG-6069 2nd - seconders

Hi,
We have fix for MNG-6069 Migrate to non deprecated parts of Commons CLI -
2nd attempt
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6069
PR: https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/247
commit:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=b01f861729214e45a1f3754ed5456bcdc1c3b4fc
CI build:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/MNG-6069v2/

Seconders, please?

Regards,
Sylwester

Re: MNG-6069 2nd - seconders

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
My concern is that somebody sees a deprecated GnuParser and will replace it without knowing why we left it here, hence I've added a simple unittest that should reflect the usecase and which fails once replacing GnuParser with DefaultParser.

So now it is +1 for me
On 16-5-2019 23:40:06, Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Robert,

I tested this change locally and yes it works fine with additional space
after -D
Here is note in Jira:

For now, leave GnuParser. Despite the upgrade advice in the GnuParser Javadoc
> ("since 1.3, use the DefaultParser instead"), it behaves differently (see this
> Stack Overflow answer
> for
> possible reasons).

BR
Sylwester

Re: MNG-6069 2nd - seconders

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I tested this change locally and yes it works fine with additional space
after -D
Here is note in Jira:

For now, leave GnuParser. Despite the upgrade advice in the GnuParser Javadoc
> ("since 1.3, use the DefaultParser instead"), it behaves differently (see this
> Stack Overflow answer
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34549044/why-are-detected-cli-options-different-when-using-defaultparser-instead-of-gnupa> for
> possible reasons).

BR