Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ja...@Raytheon.com on 2002/11/13 02:24:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.39 on Solaris 2.5.1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I have downloaded and installed HTTPD v2.0.39 on a Solaris 2.5.1 system.

After configuring and starting up httpd, I get no response when I attempt to
browse the site from Netscape.
I get the "Connected: Host contacted, waiting for reply..." message at the
bottom of my browser, but it never comes back.
Everything works fine if I run httpd in debug mode (using "httpd -X").

Just to make sure there is no unusual network problem, I have installed HTTPD
v1.3.27, and everything works great.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know,

Cheers...

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.39 on Solaris 2.5.1

Posted by Sander Holthaus - Orange XL <in...@orangexl.com>.
You should start by upgrading to Apache 2.0.43. You might be asking people
for help, while your problem is already fixed. This way, other people might
not get the help they need.

But, in any case, ALWAYS verify problems by installing the latest availble
version, in this case Apache 2.0.43. (this doesn't mean of course that you
do not have a genuine problem/bug)

Do other browsers have the same probelm? What does your accesslog say (does
it give a 200-ok)? What does Telnet to port 80 say? Which MPM are you using?

Kind regards,
Sander Holthaus