Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2008/09/10 21:44:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 RC1

All,

I've prepared a release candidate of Geronimo Server 2.1.3 for your
review and vote.

The source for RC1 is Rev693849 from the following svn branch:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1.3/

When the release vote is approved, I will svn mv the code to:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.1.3

The following staging directory contains the server binary
assemblies/distributions to be released (framework, tomcat/jetty, Java
EE/Minimal, tar/zip) as well as the RELEASE_NOTES, README, NOTICE,
LICENSE and source code archives for the release.
   http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/releases/geronimo-2.1.3-RC1/

For your convenience, here are pointers to the JavaEE distributions:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/releases/geronimo-2.1.3-RC1/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3-bin.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/releases/geronimo-2.1.3-RC1/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3-bin.zip
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/releases/geronimo-2.1.3-RC1/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3-bin.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/releases/geronimo-2.1.3-RC1/geronimo-tomcat6-minimal-2.1.3-bin.zip

The maven artifacts for the release can be found here:
   http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/staging-repo/geronimo-2.1.3/

When the release vote is approved, these maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 (please provide rationale)

The voting will be open for 72 hours and expire at 4PM EST on Saturday
(Sept. 13) or until the tck results are verified, whichever is longer.

-Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 RC1

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

++Vamsi

[RESULTS] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 RC1 - PASSED

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
The release candidate passed the TCK and we had enough votes for a
release.  The results were:

+1  -  10
  0  -  None
-1  -  None

I'll start publishing the artifacts and remaining release items now, so
it may take until tomorrow for all the maven mirrors to get updated.

Thanks everyone,
Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Can you reply to the dev thread with your vote?

Also, other questions/comments should go on the corresponding [DISCUSS]
thread....

-Donald

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tried a few samples, and it all seems to work for me.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 RC1

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Cool.  I'll call the vote Monday morning and start publishing the
artifacts.  Thanks for sheparding the TCK.

-Donald

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
~Jason Warner

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.3 RC1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Here is my +1 assuming everything passes the tck.

I ran rat on the source and built jars before publishing for a vote.
I verified the Tomcat and Jetty JEE5 assemblies on MacOSX.
Installed several sample plugins, stepped into about half the portlets, ...

-Donald

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
+1 assuming TCK passes.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.