Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Becky Moyer <ju...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/23 17:49:29 UTC

Architecture Question - forward to another webapp

Hi all...
  Can someone tell me how to write an entry in my struts-config.xml file
that will link me to another webapp/context.  Do I have to put the entire
URL?  I really don't want to do that so I don't have to worry about changing
server names all over the place.
   So for example, I have 2 webapps (I'm running in Tomcat), webapp1 and
webapp2.  I'd want to have links to both jsp files and ActionClasses in the
struts-config.xml file.

To get to the index of webapp2 from inside webapp1, I don't think this will
work - it will go to http://servername/webapp1/webapp2/index.jsp, and I want
it to go to http://servername/webapp2/index.jsp.
   <forward name="forward1" path="/webapp2/index.jsp"/>

What do I do?

Thanks!!!!
Becky