Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/23 06:49:50 UTC

[announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Please join the Apache Harmony PMC in welcoming the project's newest
committer, Nadezhda Morozova.

Nadya has shown sustained dedication to the project, especially in the
area of documentation and the website, an ability to work well with
others, and share the common vision we have for Harmony. We all continue
to expect great things from her.

As a first step to test your almighty powers of committership, please
update the committers page on the website.  That should be a good  (and
harmless) exercise to test if everything is working.

Things to do :

1) test ssh-ing to the server people.apache.org.
2) Change your login password on the machine
3) Add a public key to .ssh so you can stop using the password
4) Set your SVN password  : just type 'svnpasswd'

At this point, you should be good to go.  Checkout the website from svn
and update it.  See if you can figure out how.

Also, anything checked out of SVN, be sure that you have checked out via
'https' and not 'http' or you can't check in. You can switch using "svn
switch". (See the manual)

Finally, although you now have the ability to commit, please remember :

1) continue being as transparent and communicative as possible.  You
earned committer status in part because of your engagement with others.
  While it was a  "have to" situation because you had to submit patches
and defend them, but we believe it is a "want to".  Community is the key
to any Apache project.

2)We don't want anyone going off and doing lots of work locally, and
then committing.  Committing is like voting in Chicago - do it early and
often.  Of course, you don't want to break the build, but keep the
"commit bombs" to an absolute minimum, and warn the community if you are
going to do it - we may suggest it goes into a branch at first.  Use
branches if you need to.

3) Always remember that you can **never** commit code that comes from
someone else, even a co-worker.  All code from someone else must be
submitted by the copyright holder (either the author or author's
employer, depending) as a JIRA, and then follow up with the required
ACQs and BCC.

Again, thanks for your hard work so far, and welcome.

The Apache Harmony PMC

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Please join the Apache Harmony PMC in welcoming the project's newest
> committer, Nadezhda Morozova.
>
> Nadya has shown sustained dedication to the project, especially in the
> area of documentation and the website, an ability to work well with
> others, and share the common vision we have for Harmony. We all continue
> to expect great things from her.
>
> As a first step to test your almighty powers of committership, please
> update the committers page on the website.  That should be a good  (and
> harmless) exercise to test if everything is working.
>
> Things to do :
>
> 1) test ssh-ing to the server people.apache.org.
> 2) Change your login password on the machine
> 3) Add a public key to .ssh so you can stop using the password
> 4) Set your SVN password  : just type 'svnpasswd'
>
> At this point, you should be good to go.  Checkout the website from svn
> and update it.  See if you can figure out how.
>
> Also, anything checked out of SVN, be sure that you have checked out via
> 'https' and not 'http' or you can't check in. You can switch using "svn
> switch". (See the manual)
>
> Finally, although you now have the ability to commit, please remember :
>
> 1) continue being as transparent and communicative as possible.  You
> earned committer status in part because of your engagement with others.
>  While it was a  "have to" situation because you had to submit patches
> and defend them, but we believe it is a "want to".  Community is the key
> to any Apache project.
>
> 2)We don't want anyone going off and doing lots of work locally, and
> then committing.  Committing is like voting in Chicago - do it early and
> often.  Of course, you don't want to break the build, but keep the
> "commit bombs" to an absolute minimum, and warn the community if you are
> going to do it - we may suggest it goes into a branch at first.  Use
> branches if you need to.
>
> 3) Always remember that you can **never** commit code that comes from
> someone else, even a co-worker.  All code from someone else must be
> submitted by the copyright holder (either the author or author's
> employer, depending) as a JIRA, and then follow up with the required
> ACQs and BCC.
>
> Again, thanks for your hard work so far, and welcome.
>
> The Apache Harmony PMC

Congratulations! :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

-Stepan.

--
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Elena Semukhina <el...@gmail.com>.
Nadya, my special friendly greetings to you!

On 11/24/06, Alex Blewitt <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations :-)
>
> On 23/11/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> > Please join the Apache Harmony PMC in welcoming the project's newest
> > committer, Nadezhda Morozova.
> >
> > Nadya has shown sustained dedication to the project, especially in the
> > area of documentation and the website, an ability to work well with
> > others, and share the common vision we have for Harmony. We all continue
> > to expect great things from her.
> >
> > As a first step to test your almighty powers of committership, please
> > update the committers page on the website.  That should be a good  (and
> > harmless) exercise to test if everything is working.
> >
> > Things to do :
> >
> > 1) test ssh-ing to the server people.apache.org.
> > 2) Change your login password on the machine
> > 3) Add a public key to .ssh so you can stop using the password
> > 4) Set your SVN password  : just type 'svnpasswd'
> >
> > At this point, you should be good to go.  Checkout the website from svn
> > and update it.  See if you can figure out how.
> >
> > Also, anything checked out of SVN, be sure that you have checked out via
> > 'https' and not 'http' or you can't check in. You can switch using "svn
> > switch". (See the manual)
> >
> > Finally, although you now have the ability to commit, please remember :
> >
> > 1) continue being as transparent and communicative as possible.  You
> > earned committer status in part because of your engagement with others.
> >   While it was a  "have to" situation because you had to submit patches
> > and defend them, but we believe it is a "want to".  Community is the key
> > to any Apache project.
> >
> > 2)We don't want anyone going off and doing lots of work locally, and
> > then committing.  Committing is like voting in Chicago - do it early and
> > often.  Of course, you don't want to break the build, but keep the
> > "commit bombs" to an absolute minimum, and warn the community if you are
> > going to do it - we may suggest it goes into a branch at first.  Use
> > branches if you need to.
> >
> > 3) Always remember that you can **never** commit code that comes from
> > someone else, even a co-worker.  All code from someone else must be
> > submitted by the copyright holder (either the author or author's
> > employer, depending) as a JIRA, and then follow up with the required
> > ACQs and BCC.
> >
> > Again, thanks for your hard work so far, and welcome.
> >
> > The Apache Harmony PMC

Elena

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Alex Blewitt <al...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations :-)

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to Nadya!

--
Gregory

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations!

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

--
Paulex Yang

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
congratulations!

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
Well done, congratulations!

Posted by Tony Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
congratulations!

--
Tony Wu

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
congratulations!

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Nadya!  Keep up the good work you have been doing.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Pavel Ozhdikhin <pa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Nadya!

Thanks,
Pavel

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Congrats!

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations Nadya!

--
Sian January

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Nadya!

--
Egor Pasko

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Richard <ri...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations ;-)

--
Richard Liang
China Development Lab, IBM

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

SY, Alexey

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Nadya, my congratulations!

--
Alexei Zakharov,

Re: [announce] New Apache Harmony Committer : Nadezhda Morozova

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Andrey Yakushev <an...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!