Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jayapandian Ponraj <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 09:23:34 UTC

Last two metrics of cfstats

The last two metrics of cfstats shows zero for all the tables we have

Average live cells per slice (last five minutes): 0.0
Average tombstones per slice (last five minutes): 0.0

What do these mean and why are they always zero?

Re: Last two metrics of cfstats

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@gmail.com>.
Its number of cells and tombstones seen on the partitions during reads.
Just ignore the "last five minutes" part though since thats incorrect.

It being zero probably means theres been no actual reads have been off of
disk on that node. Might want to check if "Local read count" is non-zero
which implies queries to non existent data (most likely at least).