Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tate Austin <Ta...@usi.net> on 2005/02/18 00:04:45 UTC

SCM and remembered version numbers

Okay, so I am finally getting around to writing a goal that will create
a cvs patch file by taking the current version of the repository and
finding the difference between it and the last time it was tagged.  Is
there a way that CVS remembers most recent versions, or do I need to be
keeping track of this in a separate file?  I don't see a provision in
maven for recalling versions or previous tags?

Re: SCM and remembered version numbers

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
<versions /> in the pom can currently be used to record tags.

- Brett