Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2018/03/02 19:50:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2

The Apache Daffodil community has voted and approved the proposed
release of Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Daffodil is an open source implementation of the DFDL specification that
uses DFDL schemas to parse fixed format data into an infoset, which is
most commonly represented as either XML or JSON. This allows the use of
well-established XML or JSON technologies and libraries to consume,
inspect, and manipulate fixed format data in existing solutions.
Daffodil is also capable of the reverse by serializing or "unparsing" an
XML or JSON infoset back to the original data format.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4b71db31a6a420098a18139a046c5493d5685137251b4727736a9f18@%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E

Specific issues found during the rc2 VOTE that are planned to be
resolved in the next release include:

  DAFFODIL-1906: Updates to LICENSE/NOTICE files
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-1906

  LEGAL-369: Guidance on Open Grid Forum (OGF) document inclusion

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f883421a96deffee80e59bd2fbbf07062dfe0ee26e4c4c4cfa194ba5@%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/daffodil/2.1.0-rc2/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1001/

This release has been signed with PGP key 033AE661, corresponding to
slawrence@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.
This key can be found on keyservers, such as:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x033AE661

It is also listed here:

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/slawrence.asc

The release candidate has been tagged in git with v2.1.0-rc2.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 2.1.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-1897?jql=project%20%3D%20DAFFODIL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/2.1.0/

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
- Steve

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
The Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2 vote failed with one +1
binding vote and one -1 binding vote.

+1 (binding):
John D. Ament (carried over the from Daffodil dev vote)

-1 (binding) and reasons:
Justin Mclean - LICENSE is missing full text of the licenses, NOTICE
contains unneeded information

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1bc33636ec76ae80d390a0ac988d8e96f37190a3d1bc02f9668f78c1@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

We will prepare another release candidate to resolve the issues raised
during this vote.

Thanks,
- Steve

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> Would you be willing to change to a +1 if I told you I pointed this out to them on the dev vote

I’ll think about it but probably not as it's IMO a serious issue, but others IPMC members (including their mentors) can vote +1 if they think that's OK. It only need 3+1 votes  and more +1s than -1s to pass.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.1.0-rc2

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Would you be willing to change to a +1 if I told you I pointed this out to them on the dev vote, Steve didn't understand what I meant, but they created a JIRA to fix it in a following release?

John