Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Gordon <ad...@readytalk.com> on 2008/08/14 16:51:54 UTC

Tomcat admin webapp LoginModule configuration

I've got the Tomcat admin webapp up and running but am seeing an error
(when I try and log in) in catalina.out informing me that there are "no
LoginModules configured for <engine_name>"

We use JAAS for our web app so I'm familiar with the concept of the
LoginModule and we have a JAAS Realm defined in our context.xml file for
our web app.  I would assume that I need to add something similar to the
admin.xml file for the admin web app, only I have no idea what to add
and Google searching doesn't seem to yield anything useful.

Any ideas?

--adam

Re: Tomcat admin webapp LoginModule configuration

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Adam Gordon wrote:
> I've got the Tomcat admin webapp up and running but am seeing an error
> (when I try and log in) in catalina.out informing me that there are "no
> LoginModules configured for <engine_name>"
>
> We use JAAS for our web app so I'm familiar with the concept of the
> LoginModule and we have a JAAS Realm defined in our context.xml file for
> our web app.  I would assume that I need to add something similar to the
> admin.xml file for the admin web app, only I have no idea what to add
> and Google searching doesn't seem to yield anything useful.
>
> Any ideas?

Try copying the realm element across.

Mark