Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jean-Louis Boudart <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/12 18:14:38 UTC

Ivy Code formatting

Hi there,

While fixing a bug i noticed that ivy source code was not fully formatted.
Eclipse formatter is not exported as a plain file but present through
eclipse project preferences in .settings folder [1].

Considering .settings folder is already commited i suggest to activate
"Saved actions" to apply on each save :

   - code formatting
   - organize import

I also suggest to apply formatting on whole project (could be done in a few
clicks with cleanup feature in eclipse).

Are you in favor of those code modifications ?

We could take the opportunity to cut this before 2.4.0 release.

PS: This could aslo applied on others subprojects (ant for example)

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/trunk/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs

--
Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant

Re: Ivy Code formatting

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 12 janv. 2014 à 21:43, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <ap...@materne.de> a écrit :

> Maybe we could store the configuration files in the repo.
> E.g. Apache Camel does that in a way for multiple IDEs:
> https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/buildingtools
> https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/etc

We do store it in svn. That is what Jean-Louis is actually suggesting: changing the configuration for everybody since it's shared via svn. It is just spread in each project rather than centralized in an "etc" folder.

About the proposal, I am not a fan of "Saved actions" (probably because I will have to change a little bit my habits, lazy that I am !). But I don't care that much, I still can adapt myself. So +1 for the change.

Nicolas

AW: Ivy Code formatting

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.

Re: Ivy Code formatting