Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by BERNARD H SILVERMAN <ou...@outlook.com> on 2020/05/07 00:48:08 UTC

Unable to uninstall

I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French version.  I do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to me in French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling the English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the download is not completing because another Open Windows application is already installed.  HELP!

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
>OP is outlook_C9A92BA9C18DD8ED@outlook.com

See
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
.

Brian Barker

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 21:49 08/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>Le 07/05/2020 à 23:43, Brian Barker a écrit :
>>At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>>>What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
>>>OP is outlook_C9A92BA9C18DD8ED@outlook.com
>>
>>See
>>https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
>>.
>
>Thanks Brian.
>How can users tolerate such a bug???

Well, indeed. The sad thing is that when
non-subscribed posters (as this one) experience
this effect, they can receive no replies and must
think that no-one cares enough to engage with
their problem - unless they happen to follow the
list some other way, of course.

Brian Barker

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by M Henri Day <mh...@gmail.com>.
Den fre 8 maj 2020 kl 21:49 skrev Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks Brian.
> How can users tolerate such a bug???
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 07/05/2020 à 23:43, Brian Barker a écrit :
> > At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
> >> What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
> >> OP is outlook_C9A92BA9C18DD8ED@outlook.com
> >
> > See
> >
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
> > .
> >
> > Brian Barker

Hagar, tolerance for bugs comes with the territory for Windows users....

Henri

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brian.

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

RE: Unable to uninstall

Posted by Doug Giles <do...@telusplanet.net>.
Bernard,

Go to "settings" then "apps" then "search, sort and filter by drive.  You should be able to uninstall your program from here, regardless of installation language.