Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/02/26 23:32:26 UTC

referencing JIRA issues in code

Hi,

Just wondering what the policy should be on referencing JIRA issues in code comments

Do we:
1. Don't need to do it as it's contained in the SVN history

2. Mention issue by name
//  some random fix  (FLEX-123)

3. Have a URL to the issue
//  some random fix (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-123)

4. Something else?

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Pierangelo Mancusi <pi...@gmail.com>.
5.  //issue: FLEX-123
     //some fix
    code....

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Posted by Haykel BEN JEMIA <ha...@gmail.com>.
I would not clutter the code with this information. It should be enough to
have it in SVN and Jira.

Haykel

Re: referencing JIRA issues in code

Posted by John Fletcher <fl...@gmail.com>.
I agree on no bug numbers. Except I think it's valid in a temporary comment
where you have a hack because you are awaiting a fix in another issue. Like
"We have to check for null here due to a bug in Label - see FLEX-99"

John

Re: referencing JIRA issues in code

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
I really dislike bug numbers in the code.  As other said the svn history
is there.  The only time where it might be ok is if it is a very complex
issue which needs lots and lots of explanation and you don't want to
clutter the code with a comment with that much detail.  You should still
put in a summary comment with the bug number, in this format: [FLEX-99].

Carol

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.