Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Pridemore, Russell (MAN-Corporate)" <Ru...@cox.com> on 2004/09/29 21:18:54 UTC

SAP interop problem with RPC

Hello all.  I have implemented & tested an application using Axis 1.1.  It
is fairly simple, only requiring a request/response pattern using simple
types.  However, now I'm trying to integrate with an SAP backend system and
I'm running into issues.  (SAP is the web service and Axis is the client).
Calls to SAP result in:
faultDetail:
{http://www.webMethods.com/2001/10/soap/encoding}exception:
<ns1:className>com.wm.soap.coder.SoapCoderRuntimeException</ns1:className>
<ns1:message xml:lang="en-AU"
xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">[B2BCORE.0076.9201] SOAP
Message Coder cannot decode message; no encoding style is
specified</ns1:message>

I've looked through the Axis documentation and found references to
encodingStyle on Call objects.  Do I need to set the encodingStyle on the
Call?  Isn't this an optional attribute?  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

RE: SAP interop problem with RPC

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
The encoding style attribute is required when using RPC/encoded.
Have you tried generating a stub from the WSDL rather than using the Call
interface?

Anne