Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sagi Mann <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/02 17:26:25 UTC

Re: Reliable request/response

Hi, I can't seem to catch any expiration messages.
I've done as the URL suggested:
Destination q = session.createQueue("my.queue");
Destination exp =
AdvisorySupport.getExpiredQueueMessageAdvisoryTopic((ActiveMQDestination)q);
MessageConsumer c = session.createConsumer(exp);
c.setMessageListener(this); // my onMessage method simply outputs the
message

My producer sends a message (TTL=5000) from a different session, and I
expected the consumer above to "catch" the expiration notice, but it
doesn't.. Using jconsole, I can see my message arriving at the queue and
stay there (shouldn't it be removed after expiration?).

Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks,