Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Deryl Seale <de...@intel-assess.com> on 2007/04/03 21:37:19 UTC

Re: CompositeActionMapper

Well I got a little further with this -- thanks!

Now I can get CompositeActionManager to work properly for actions
that are mapped both with traditional URL's (ie: /foo/bar.action) and
REST style URL's (/foo/bar/1).  Unfortunately, this seems to have
screwed up loading static content url's (/foo/bar.css) such that I
cannot get to JSP pages directly, and none of my stylesheets load.
Is there another mapper I need to add to this declaration:

<constant name="struts.mapper.class"

value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"/>
<constant name="struts.mapper.composite" value="struts,restful"/>

thanks.
--Deryl

On Mar 29, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Darren Salomons wrote:

> Deryl,
>
> I'm not sure if you solved your problem but this is how I got it to
> work.
> In the struts.mapper.composite value it is a list of the bean
> references
> from the struts-default.xml it is not a list of class names.  The
> bean name
> for the DefaultActionMapper is struts.  So you could configure the
> DefaultActionMapper and the RestfulMapper with the following
> configuration
> in your struts.xml file.
>
>     <constant name="struts.mapper.class"
> value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"/>
>     <constant name="struts.mapper.composite" value="struts,restful"/>
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Darren Salomons
>

> Deryl Seale wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I tried that, and all I got was an exception when I started up
>> the application saying that an ActionMapper with the name "struts"
>> had already been loaded, presumedly from struts-default.xml.  If
>> there is a way to make Struts use CompositeActionMapper with some
>> configuration entry in struts.xml, it is not obvious to me how to do
>> it (in spite of the documentation).
>>
>> --Deryl

>>> Have you tried it like this in struts.xml?
>>>
>>> <bean
>>> type="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.ActionMapper"
>>>
>>>       name="struts"
>>>
>>> class="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.CompositeActionMapper"
>>> />
>>> <constant name="struts.mapper.composite"
>>>
>>> value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper,foo.
>>> ba

Re: CompositeActionMapper

Posted by Skylark <An...@teamdev.com>.
I can propose you workaround. Simply replace
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.class in struts2 core library
with attached one. http://www.nabble.com/file/7722/FilterDispatcher.class
FilterDispatcher.class

PS: struts2 2.06