Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@apache.org on 2000/01/20 23:26:26 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix networkio.h sockaddr.c

>   Convert HAVE_NETINET... to the APR mac

Please undo this change.  APR is not providing configuration macros for
Apache.  That is up to Apache to do.  The APR_HAVE_NETINET_H macro is
defined so that the APR PUBLIC header file can use it.  This macro should
also not be used by APR internal files.  It should only be used by header
files that APR provides for other programs, such as apr_network_io.h

Ryan

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix networkio.hsockaddr.c

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 rbb@apache.org wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > Ahh, it's all becoming clearer now. I'll back this out.
> >
> > apr/lib/apr_snprintf.c was using #ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H. Is this correct?
> > Shouldn't it be using the internal APR definition, #if HAVE_NETINET_IN_H?
>
> Yeah, it should be #if instead of #ifdef.  In this case, it really doesn't
> matter, except that it will match the rest of the def's.  If you are
> asking if it should use APR_HAVE_NETINET_H, the answer is no, that def is
> reserved for public header files.  I am not sure this is required, but it
> is conceivable that an internal file could need the header, but that
> platform decides it doesn't need to tell other programs that netinet/in.h
> is available.

If I understand correctly, this means we have three versions here:

1) HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by Apache; for use by all Apache code
2) HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by APR; for use "internally" by APR
3) APR_HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by APR; for private use by the APR
   public header files

Can't we combine (2) and (3) by eliminating all uses of (2)? In other
words, the APR code uses #if APR_HAVE_NETINET_IN_H throughout.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix networkio.hsockaddr.c

Posted by rb...@apache.org.
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Ahh, it's all becoming clearer now. I'll back this out.
>
> apr/lib/apr_snprintf.c was using #ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H. Is this correct?
> Shouldn't it be using the internal APR definition, #if HAVE_NETINET_IN_H?

Yeah, it should be #if instead of #ifdef.  In this case, it really doesn't
matter, except that it will match the rest of the def's.  If you are
asking if it should use APR_HAVE_NETINET_H, the answer is no, that def is
reserved for public header files.  I am not sure this is required, but it
is conceivable that an internal file could need the header, but that
platform decides it doesn't need to tell other programs that netinet/in.h
is available.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix networkio.hsockaddr.c

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Ahh, it's all becoming clearer now. I'll back this out.

apr/lib/apr_snprintf.c was using #ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H. Is this correct?
Shouldn't it be using the internal APR definition, #if HAVE_NETINET_IN_H?

Bill