Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bob Futrelle <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 04:12:33 UTC

Comparing Hadoop to Apple Xgrid?

We have a small Apple cluster running Hadoop. But another option we
have, built into the Apple Server OS, is to use their Xgrid, which
they promote for "supercomputer" scientific applications.

Any thoughts on the relative merits?  I know that it depends on the
application.  For us, we want to do pattern recognition, turning
raster images into collections of the objects we discover in the
images. Another focus for us is NLP, esp. phrasal analysis.

 - Bob Futrelle

Re: Comparing Hadoop to Apple Xgrid?

Posted by Bob Futrelle <bo...@gmail.com>.
For the record, here's the Apple Xgrid (hype?) page:

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/technology/xgrid.html

 - Bob

Posted by Bob Futrelle <bo...@gmail.com>.
All this feedback is informative and valuable -- Thanks!

 - Bob Futrelle
   Northeastern U.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.