Posted to user@ant.apache.org by du...@yahoo.com on 2005/09/13 20:06:59 UTC

Running a task between this hour and this hour

Running the stats on our code is a rather lenghty process (currently +/-70 minutes)...
I therefore consider to run the targets only at night.
Would someone have an hint on how to evaluate the current time and set a flag if it is between say
: 10 PM and 6:00 AM ?

Tx,

\T,

--
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.

Re: Running a task between this hour and this hour

Posted by Troy Daniels <tr...@baesystems.com>.
At 05:42 AM 9/15/2005, duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com wrote:

>Tx but ...
>The question was send to the ANT-ML to implement is via ANT... :)

Except that the right way to do this is to create a separate task that
generates the stats, the create a cron job to run ant and perform that task
at night.

What does he do if he needs to generate the stats at 2 in the
afternoon?  Try to remember the kludge he put in and disable it?  Or just
run ant with the nightly target?

If somebody asked you how to insert a screw using a hammer, I can think of
three answers:
a)  Hold the hammer at a 45 degree angle, and insert the edge into the
screw.  Rotate hammer.
b)  Bang on the screw like it's a nail.  Hope the threads cause the screw
to rotate.
c)  Use a screwdriver.

Which seems like the best answer?

Posted by du...@yahoo.com.

Posted by "J. David Boyd" <da...@adboyd.com>.
<du...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Running the stats on our code is a rather lenghty process (currently +/-70
> minutes)...  I therefore consider to run the targets only at night.  Would
> someone have an hint on how to evaluate the current time and set a flag if
> it is between say : 10 PM and 6:00 AM ?

If you're on Unix or Linux use cron.  If you're on windows use _Scheduled
Tasks_ from the Control Panel...

Dave in Largo, FL

Re: Running a task between this hour and this hour

Posted by du...@yahoo.com.
OK
so checking there is a "0" (zero) in the hours would be an good option for what I need.

Tx,

\T,