Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Banck, Arent-Jan" <aj...@informatica.com> on 2004/06/18 16:57:38 UTC

RE: How to start looking into problem of derived classes not being generated as types

I think I found the cause, code was removed from Emitter.java in rev.
1.114 by gdaniels. This doesn't seem to work when using inheritance. Not
sure what the best solution is to solve this.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/
fromJava/Emitter.java

Revision 1.114 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Fri Feb 27 17:07:23 2004 UTC (3 months, 2 weeks ago) by gdaniels
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.113: +1 -23 lines
Diff to previous 1.113 (colored)
Don't output all mapped types when generating WSDL, just the
ones we use (and all subtypes).  Fix ArraySerializer WSDL gen
so it always emits the component type (this problem was likely
being masked by the earlier one) if needed.

This was removed:

if (tm != null) {
             Class[] mappedTypes = tm.getAllClasses();

             for (int i = 0; i < mappedTypes.length; i++) {
                 Class mappedType = mappedTypes[i];
                 QName name = tm.getTypeQName(mappedType);
                 if (name.getLocalPart().indexOf(SymbolTable.ANON_TOKEN)
!= -1) {
                     // If this is an anonymous type, it doesn't need to
be written out here
                     // (and trying to do so will generate an error).
Skip it.
                     continue;
                 }

                 /**
                  * If it's a non-standard type, make sure it shows up
in
                  * our WSDL
                  */
                 if (standardTypes.getSerializer(mappedType) == null) {

                     types.writeTypeForPart(mappedType, name);
                 }
             }
         }

From: Banck, Arent-Jan <aj...@informatica.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:20:39 +0200
Subject: How to start looking into problem of derived classes not being
generated as types
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

I have a problem
with derived classes not being included in the wsdl returned by the
servlet (filed as AXIS-1400,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1400)

Problem in 1.2CVS,
this was working in 1.1.

I might be able to
spend some time on it myself, but don't have a clue where to start
looking. Any
suggestions?

Would like to find
out what changed between 1.1 and 1.2CVS that stopped generating types
for
derived classs.

Thanks,

Arent-Jan

RE: How to start looking into problem of derived classes not being generated as types

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Guys:

I will look into this this weekend.  Sorry I've been radio-silent recently;
was travelling and am back now.

--Glen

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.