Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Purcell, Scott" <sp...@ltcgroup.com> on 2001/06/15 21:12:20 UTC

Help Apache::Registry Setup

Hello I am trying to learn how to configure and set up the Apache::Registry
to cache a script And I am in the documentaton but still getting lost. I am
here
http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Before_you_start_to_code
And looking at the Exposting Apache::Registry Secrets
I entered the counter.pl text and I am running it out of my cgi-bin. And it
works, but it IS NOT persistant, or cached. I have been going through the
guide, but do not see how to make the counter.pl  PERSISTANT and to tie the
script to the Apache::Registry?

Did I miss something here?

Thanks
Scott

Re: Help Apache::Registry Setup

Posted by Rodney Broom <rb...@Desert.NET>.
From: Purcell, Scott <sp...@ltcgroup.com>

> ...but it IS NOT persistant, or cached.

> ...do not see how to make the counter.pl  PERSISTANT and to tie the
> script to the Apache::Registry?

What does your server config look like? Do you have .pl assosiated with
cgi-script, or perl-script? Have you placed something like this in your
config:

<FilesMatch  "\.mpl$">
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::Registry