Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> on 2010/11/26 05:02:08 UTC

Issues getting JNA to work correctly under centos 5.5 using cassandra 0.7.0-rc1 and JNA 2.7.3

Hi,

I have set the memlock limit to unlimited in /etc/security/limits.conf

[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$ ulimit -l
0

Running as a non root user gets me a Unknown mlockall error 1

[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$ bin/cassandra
[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$  INFO 14:52:47,777
Heap size: 1060569088/1061617664
 WARN 14:52:47,884 Unknown mlockall error 1

If I run as root user

[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$ sudo bin/cassandra
[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$  INFO 14:53:43,776
Heap size: 1060569088/1061617664
 INFO 14:53:52,510 JNA mlockall successful

I am running linux

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5 #1 SMP Mon Oct 25
15:51:07 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Java

[developr@localhost apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1]$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)

What else can I provide to determine this issue, or is my centos
kernel just not capable??  Perhaps only more recent kernels are
supported outside of root?

Re: Issues getting JNA to work correctly under centos 5.5 using cassandra 0.7.0-rc1 and JNA 2.7.3

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Hi,

Thanks for that your suggestions worked a treat.  I created a new
cassandra user and set the value to unlimited
and I get the desired log:

INFO 08:49:50,204 JNA mlockall successful

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@riptano.com>.

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
*               -       memlock         0

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@riptano.com>.

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.