Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 23:34:14 UTC

artifactory - maintaining a public-repo cache

Dear All,

I have setup a maven public repository cache so as to maintain the
artifacts used commonly (within the organization) and hence not
require a download everytime from a maven public repository and btw i
am using Artifactory as the Repository Manager.

So in order to achieve the above i have defined the following in the
artifactory-config.xml

<remoteRepository>
    <key>maven-public-repo</key>
    <handleReleases>true</handleReleases>
    <handleSnapshots>false</handleSnapshots>
    <excludesPattern>org/artifactory/**,org/jfrog/**</excludesPattern>
    <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
 </remoteRepository>

and similarly in the pom.xml i have defined the following entry so as
to refer to it..

 <repository>
      <id>maven-public-repo-cache</id>
      <name>vAudit Repository</name>
      <url>http://localhost:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
 </repository>

Now the problem is that the repository DOES cache artifacts but NOT
all of the artifacts that are downloaded (from the public repo) and
hence for them it still refers to the repo1.maven.org, now i am not
sure why is that the case..why is it not caching everything ?

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Farhan.

Re: artifactory - maintaining a public-repo cache

Posted by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com>.
Well yeah i do have the entry, and i will modifying it the way you
suggested, so as to make sure that all the requests go through the
proxy.

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.