Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/02/23 02:22:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.9.1 RC3

HI,

> What would it take to get the CI server to generate the RCs?
We currently a release build from the develop branch but I think it may be against policy to sign and release them.

> And what would its path look like?
A little ugly and Hudson would get the blame :-)

f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\Flex_SDK_build\

We don't have a 4.9.1 build currently on the CI machine,

Would there be any legal issues re using hudson in path as Oracle owns it?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.9.1 RC3

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/13 5:22 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> > HI,
> >
> >> What would it take to get the CI server to generate the RCs?
> > We currently a release build from the develop branch but I think it may
> be
> > against policy to sign and release them.
> >
> >> And what would its path look like?
> > A little ugly and Hudson would get the blame :-)
> >
> > f:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\Flex_SDK_build\
> >
> > We don't have a 4.9.1 build currently on the CI machine,
> >
> > Would there be any legal issues re using hudson in path as Oracle owns
> it?
> >
> OK, sounds like we need to build a tool to make the paths pretty.  Is it
> really worth it?  What do you want the path to look like?
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Why do we need a tool for this?  Why cant the release manager just create
the release build from a directory like this: c:/apacheflex_4_9_1/ ?

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.9.1 RC3

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.