Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohamed Nasser <MN...@descartes.com> on 2000/12/05 22:16:08 UTC

Apache and tomcat

Hello.
I am trying to set up Apache to work with Tomcat as  JSP/servlet engine.
I have followed as much as I could from the documentation. I have created a
zone of my own.
Somehow I am getting to a point where only the sevlet does not run.

With port 8080 turned on ( line existing ) in the server.xml I get the
examples and my servlet to run without a problem using the URL.
However if I use the port defined in httpd.conf "XXXX" then I get a time out
on my page. This is all http.
However with port XXXX I can reach through a browse to the file and get to
the page for examples or my zone. Execution of the servlet program produces
a time out followed by an error on the screen that started the process that
looks like this:
$ HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken,
couldn'tdemarshal string :768:384java.io.IOException: Stream broken,
couldn't demarshal string :768:384 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajpv12InputStream.readString(Ajp12Connec
tionHandler.java, Compiled Code) at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp1
2ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java, Compiled Code)

 This error was produced with and without the connector line port 8080 from
server.xml.

I am just not sure what have I missed to make my servlets run through the
port defined in httpd.conf file. I have added the tomcat.conf in httpd.conf
( removed jserv.conf as I was running jserv before)..pointed the conf file
to where the mod_jserv.so is located ( not in libexec) and made all the
configuration changes. Being able to browse the directories tells me the
configuartion is right, however I can't run my servlets.
any help will be appreciated.

Mohamed Nasser