Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brasil <jm...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/11 16:48:11 UTC

QUEUE & Message SIZE

Hoi,

I have a question can I change de size of the queue and of the Max length of
a message in de configfile or some where else? if yes how?

thx

Re: QUEUE & Message SIZE

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/06, Brasil <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
>
> I have a question can I change de size of the queue and of the Max length of
> a message in de configfile or some where else? if yes how?

There is no maximum sizes per se; the only real limit is how much RAM
we use. You should be able to put millions of messages on a queue.
The messages are read into RAM as a unit, both on the client and
broker side so we don't recommend you send messages which are too big
(say over a few Mb) - if you want to send really large messages you
could try

http://activemq.org/JMS+Streams

--

James