Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Pablo Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar> on 2004/05/27 15:32:21 UTC

service inheritance

Is there a way to accomplish an inheritance-like relationship between
services?

The case is I would like to customize BuilderFactory service by changing
the implementation of some of its facets, though don't want to miss
future improvements of BuilderFactory nor duplicate all of its spec on
my app sdl...

Is there a mechanism that allows me to -say- extend a service and
override some of its specification?

Is this posible?

RE: service inheritance

Posted by Pablo Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar>.
> Nothing like this is planned.  Inheritance, in general, is
> problematic. What might be nice would be to make BuilderFactory's
> parameters schema seperate, and introduce a mechanism for extending a
> schema (this has been suggested already).

Sounds muuuuch better.

RE: service inheritance

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Nothing like this is planned.  Inheritance, in general, is problematic. What might be nice would be
to make BuilderFactory's parameters schema seperate, and introduce a mechanism for extending a
schema (this has been suggested already). Cut-and-paste, for now.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry