Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com> on 2005/09/15 15:21:31 UTC

Re: AW: AW: AW: Linking with static library - Linking errors and unresolved external

Hi Joerg,
I've tried reproducing that linker error, but
I've never reached the point where just that
entry point is reported as missing. The closest
point I got to was when I disabled linking
against libcmt.lib (either by specifying "Yes" to
the setting Linker -> Input -> Ignore all default
libraries, or by adding libcmt.lib to the setting
Linker -> Input -> Ignore specific library), but
in that case I got tons of errors, including the one for __mb_cur_max.
So, can you check the value for those settings?
If they are "No" and empty, can you check the
list of directories containing library files
(both at the project level Linker -> General ->
Additional library directories, and at the
environment level Tools | Options -> Projects ->
VC++ Directories -> Show Directories for: Library
files) to verify they don't include directories
meant for other versions of the Visual C++ compiler.

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Joerg,

At 16.53 15/09/2005 +0200, Joerg Toellner wrote:
>Greetings Alberto,
>
>Thanks for your answer.
>UhOh! What a mess. :-(
>
>First:
>My "Ignore All Standard libraries" is set to NO. But i HAVE TO ignore the
>libcmtd.lib. If not i get a looooooooooot of errors and warnings. This has
>to do with the wxWidgets-Library. Ignoring the libcmtd gives me only the one
>error. So "don't ignoring the libcmtd.lib" is not an option i think.

I see that; but maybe this was something needed
before I asked you to recompile wxWidgets using
/MTd; have you tried removing libcmtd.lib from
the ignored libraries after that moment, as both
libraries should now agree on what is the C runtime library to use?

>Have i another chance to get around this. Im willing to define this
>mb_cur_max by myself at the moment only for my needs (Win32 only) if it is
>possible. Or is it a really bad idea? And if it will work, where have i to
>declare it and what value assign to it?

As a last resort, you could add this line

#define MB_CUR_MAX 1

at the beginning of Win32TransService.cpp, before all the #include statement.

>Second:
>My library search order in Tools->Options is exactly like the following:
>C:\sys\win      // Some own company libraries - Nothing that can conflict
>with Standard-ones
>D:\EigeneDaten\Visual Studio
>Projects\xml\xerces270\Build\Win32\VC7.1\StaticRelease
>D:\EigeneDaten\Visual Studio
>Projects\xml\xerces270\Build\Win32\VC7.1\StaticDebug
>D:\EigeneDaten\Visual Studio
>Projects\xml\xerces270\Build\Win32\VC7.1\Release
>D:\EigeneDaten\Visual Studio Projects\xml\xerces270\Build\Win32\VC7.1\Debug
>D:\EigeneDaten\Visual Studio Projects\wxWidgets\lib\vc_lib
>$(VCInstallDir)lib
>$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib
>$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\lib\prerelease
>$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\lib
>$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib
>
>Do you see any "bad guy" in the list?

No, this looks a good list of directories.

>Hope to hear from you again

Well, I hope for you that this conversation will end, eventually ;-)

Ciao,
Alberto