Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 20:51:43 UTC

session data of my portlet app still around after logout

So I seem to recall a posting about this a while back, but couldn't find it.

Anyhow, when I am finding that when I logout of jetspeed, the session
attributes of my portlet application are still available.

I happen to have tomcat SSO turned on, but am not sure if this is what is
causing it.

With the SSO turned on, what *should* happen is that because my session got
invalidated, tomcat SSO should invalidate all other sessions tied to my SSO
parent session.

I solved this problem by changing the logout URI to a URI of my portlet web
app, calling session.invalidate and then redirecting to the jetspeed logout
URI.

I don't think this is a jetspeed problem but rather a tomcat/tomcat SSO
issue, but I was just wondering if others have seen this behaviour.

I am on tomcat 5.5.9...

Re: session data of my portlet app still around after logout

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I think it the desired behavour should be like the tomcat SSO
valve.

What happens there is whenever an application session is terminated, if it
was terminated because of a timeout, then if the parent SSO session has no
other children sessions, then the parent SSO session is also terminated.

However, if there are other children sessions, then just the session that
has just timed out is removed from the SSO parent session, everything else
is left intact.  (If the user goes to use that application again, they are
automatically re-authenticated and the session re-instantiated).

However, if it was invalidated (typically because of a logout), then all
children sessions of the parent SSO session are invalidated and finally the
parent session itself is terminated.

But still, no idea what exactly is causing it, and I really doubt it has
anything to do with jetspeed...

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.