Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Gareth <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 19:41:16 UTC

Cellar 2.2.2 Issues

Hello,

I appear to be noticing a couple of issues with cellar.

Background:

My environment: Red Hat EL5 x64 (2.6.18-164.el5), JDK 1.6.0.27 (two machines
- used multicast for hazelcast discovery)
Features currently installed:

State         Version           Name
Repository               Description
[installed  ] [1.9.3          ] hazelcast                            repo-0
In memory data grid
[installed  ] [2.2.2          ] cellar                               repo-0
Karaf clustering
[installed  ] [2.2.2          ] cellar-webconsole                    repo-0
Karaf Cellar Webconsole Plugin
[installed  ] [3.0            ] guice                                repo-0
Google Guice
[installed  ] [3.0.6.RELEASE  ] spring
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [1.2.1          ] spring-dm
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] obr
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] config
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [7.4.5.v20110725] jetty
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] http
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] war
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] webconsole-base
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] webconsole
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] ssh
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [2.2.3          ] management
karaf-2.2.3
[installed  ] [1.2.0-SNAPSHOT ] shiro-core
shiro-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
[installed  ] [1.2.0-SNAPSHOT ] shiro-web
shiro-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
[installed  ] [5.5.0          ] activemq
activemq-5.5.0
[installed  ] [5.5.0          ] activemq-blueprint
activemq-5.5.0
[installed  ] [5.5.0          ] activemq-web-console
activemq-5.5.0

Feature URLs:

 Loaded   URI
  true    mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.2/xml/features
  true    mvn:org.jclouds.karaf/feature/1.0.0/xml/features
  true
mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/enterprise/2.2.3/xml/features
  true
mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.2.3/xml/features
  true
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/shiro/shiro-features/1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/shiro-features-1.2.0-20110813.220457-24-features.xml
  true    mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.5.0/xml/features

I was playing with feature urls on one of the machines (machine1). I added
and then deleted two feature urls on this machine (I as making sure I
understood how cellar works):

http://machine1:8999/myproduct-features.xml
file:///home/osgi/myproduct-hosting/myproduct-features.xml

Whilst leaving karaf on machine2 running,  I restarted karaf on machine1.
When I run features:listurl after a little while, even though I deleted
these two urls previously, the two urls return! If I repeat the process
(delete the urls, restart karaf on machine1), the urls again return.

I played around a little more, restarting several times. I found if I ran
features:listurl immediately after I see the karaf prompt for the first
time, I am able to see the url list without these deleted urls (of course, a
few seconds later they appear). I also found that sometimes I can hang karaf
completely (requiring kill -9 to stop) when calling features:listurl, though
I haven't been able to reproduce this consistently.

Anything I could be obviously messing up? Any other information I could
provide to help you figure out what may be going wrong (I don't see anything
terribly exciting in the log)?

thanks in advance,
Gareth

Re: Cellar 2.2.2 Issues

Posted by Gareth <ga...@gmail.com>.
JIRA added:

regards,
Gareth

Re: Cellar 2.2.2 Issues

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Here is how it was supposed to work.

When you add the repositories, the "add repository event" should be
broadcasted to the other nodes of the group (as long as feature syncing on
this group is enabled). The same should happen when you remove the url.

It seems that that it works, for adding the repository, but doesn't work for
removing the repository. This is why when you restart the node, it is
pulling it back in.

Could you add a jira for it?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*
FuseSource <http://fusesource.com>

**
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
*

Re: Cellar 2.2.2 Issues

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gareth,

thanks for the report, I will take a look tonight.

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org