Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/11/20 18:28:08 UTC

Status of the trunk?

Hi,

unfortunately the 0.17 release was cancelled because of (performance)
issues after merging the model-split branch. Three weeks have passed, but
no changes have been applied yet. What's the status of these issues and
will they be fixed before the next release?

Jasha

Re: Status of the trunk?

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> unfortunately the 0.17 release was cancelled because of (performance)
> issues after merging the model-split branch. Three weeks have passed, but
> no changes have been applied yet. What's the status of these issues and
> will they be fixed before the next release?

Jasha,

I think it was cancelled due to this issue [1] and not performance
ultimately. It turns out the issue has been there for a while, it was just
found in the 0.17 timeframe. There is a review for this issue open which I
hope to get to if no one else gets there first. We did quite a few things
to improve performance after the merge but H2 still isn't as performant
(but mysql is fine). I haven't had too much time to work on it and I think
Matt is still working Mongo and Ate is still working HMVC (both hoping to
merge prior to 0.18??).

Chris

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-845