Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/02 11:51:25 UTC

XBean 4.18?

I notice there's a few dep updates. The XBean one from 4.14 to 4.18 is
proving tricky:

https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/ee0cee9300b38eac61420a49f3f5d62d5d0ff6a8#diff-9c5fb3d1b7e3b0f54bc5c4182965c4fe1f9023d449017cece3005d3f90e8e4d8R126

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project openejb-jpa-integration: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.tomee:openejb-jpa-integration:jar:8.0.5-SNAPSHOT: Failure to
find org.apache.xbean:xbean-asm7-shaded:jar:4.18 in
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Any objections if I put it back to 4.16?

Jon

Re: XBean 4.18?

Posted by Vicente Rossello <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I made this PR https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/693 to upgrade to OWB
2.0.18 (which in fact uses Xbean 4.17 and asm8) that works (we have this in
production since more than a month ago, however we don't use openjpa, xbean
dependency must match with the one used by openjpa).

When OWB 2.0.19 was released I upgraded the PR to use it, with a consequent
upgrade to xbean 4.18 and asm9. However, to use asm9 we need CXF to release
a new version (source code already supports it
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/common/util/ASMHelper.java#L96
but it's not in 3.4.0)

If you want I can revert those OWB 2.0.19 changes and see if a build passes
with OWB 2.0.18

Best regards,
Vicente.

Re: XBean 4.18?