Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/06/26 20:00:24 UTC

SVN / ISSUES

Hi,

when committing, 99% we are using the proper Jira issue, like TRINIDAD-XY

is it possible to generate a link to the particular jira issue ?

would be very convenient, IMO

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: SVN / ISSUES

Posted by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com>.
Like a post-commit hook, which replaces \b[A-Z]+-\d+\b with the link to
the bug in the commit message. You cold write something like that
yourself ;-) But I'm not sure, if we can install such a hook on our SVN
server.

Like I said, Tortoise SVN does this on the client side. Perhaps plugins
like IDEA Jira Browser and Eclipse Mylyn can do this too...

Regards,
Arvid

Re: SVN / ISSUES

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: SVN / ISSUES

Posted by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com>.

Re: SVN / ISSUES

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Actually, the other way is already configured. JIRA is automatically
reading the commit messages and attaches to the corresponding ticket
those commits. You can see them in the "Subversion commit" tags when
looking into the details of one JIRA entry. It is a great system,

Cheers,

Bruno